I make mine dairy free and typically go with almond milk, but you can certainly use regular milk and add yogurt if you like. You can use whatever frozen fruit you like best. Also, sometimes I include banana if we have them around, but it's still great without it.
This recipe makes enough for two large glasses.
- 3 cups plain or vanilla-flavored almond, soy, regular milk or milk of your choice - oat, hemp and rice milk work as well
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter - I use natural peanut butter but you can use whatever kind you like
- 1 Tbsp. honey or agave syrup
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 scoop green superfood powder (regular, vanilla or berry-flavored), whey protein plus greens powder (regular or flavored - I like vanilla), or Alive shake powder, optional
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, or other frozen fruit of your choice
Blend the first five ingredients together and combine well. Add frozen blueberries or your choice of frozen fruit and blend until everything is well-blended. Enjoy!